Automotive trade initiative, the NAACAM Show, is hosted every two years as a platform from which to grow the automotive component and related manufacturing sectors in South Africa, and will run concurrently and in partnership with the Durban Automotive Cluster’s National Localisation Indaba.
The inaugural edition is to be held at the Durban ICC in Kwazulu Natal from April 5-7, 2017.
For info see www.naacamshow.co.za or contact +27 (0) 861101475 or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The NAACAM Show, is the authoritative trading and networking platform for automotive component manufacturers, their suppliers and industry stakeholders in South Africa.
In partnership with the Durban Automotive Cluster (DAC) and the National Localisation Indaba, it provides South African component suppliers the opportunity to demonstrate their capabilities, network and do business with local and foreign, existing and potential customers. It provides buyers with the opportunity to communicate their localisation needs and source automotive products from world class component manufacturers. The conference will host leading speakers and panellists talking on issues critical to industry performance and development, with industry members sharing on their localisation and operational challenges and successes.
NAACAM fully supports government’s long-term objectives for the South African automotive industry, namely the production of high-volume, high-quality vehicles at a competitive cost and with deeper levels of localisation. The NAACAM Show is designed to assist in achieving these objectives. It has aligned with the Automotive Supply Chain Competitiveness Initiative (ASCCI) objectives, has the support of the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa (NAAMSA), NAACAM’s own membership base and is open to non NAACAM members.
The objectives of the NAACAM Show are to deliver a premier event that:
• Showcases the capability of the South African automotive component industry;
• Incorporates a conference and panel discussions with world class speakers;
• Is fully endorsed by the dti and aligned with the support that the dti affords the automotive industry;
• Is hosted every two years and receives the full support of all stakeholders in and related to the automotive industry;
• Promotes further localisation of components through the entire value chain;
• Facilitates the transfer of technology to local suppliers;
• Links potential Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers to Tier 1s;
• Links and develops Black owned suppliers in the automotive supply chain;
• Provides networking opportunities for suppliers of capital equipment, logistics and other services with component manufacturers; and
• Attracts global OEM and Tier 1 Purchasing Managers to participate