UFI promotes talent - Next Generation Leadership
06 March, 2017
The NGL Grant promotes next-generation leadership in the exhibition industry, rewarding professionals who show clear initiatives in driving change and innovation in their area of activity.
The NGL Grant reflects UFI’s commitment to recognising the best talents within the exhibition industry by closely involving them in the programme of our largest annual event for the global exhibition industry, the UFI Global Congress.
UFI is therefore looking for up to five outstanding professionals, who are ready and willing to speak at a dedicated session at the 84th UFI Global Congress in Sandton, Johannesburg, from 1-4 November 2017, in front of an audience of 400+ high ranking industry players. The process will involve not only preparing the presentation, but also careful planning and teamwork.
• Global recognition among exhibition professionals before, during and after the UFI Global Congress;
• Being part of an exciting initiative valued by exhibition colleagues worldwide;
• Opportunity to enhance network with peers and industry leaders; • interviews in industry media;
• Expert guidance throughout the project by UFI.
• Must be actively employed full-time in the exhibition industry;
• Must not have more than ten years of work experience in the exhibition industry;
• Must be able to drive the project in addition to daily responsibilities at work;
• Must be available for: a working group meeting from 10-11 May 2017 in Cologne (Germany) integrated in the UFI European Conference and the 84th UFI Global Congress from 1-4 November 2017 in Joburg (South Africa).
• Travel and participate in working group meeting and the Congress itself;
• May-Nov bi-weekly calls (~ 30 min) with UFI and group members;
• Research and preparation for the Congress session;
• Work within and support the NGL Grant group.
APPLY UNTIL 26 MARCH 2017
• Your application in English language must include:
• Your CV; • a video (maximum one-minute) introducing yourself;
• A written statement from your employer that you will be able to attend both working group meetings in Cologne and Paris and the UFI Global Congress in Johannesburg in person;
• Awritten application (maximum two pages) stating: – your concrete idea(s) to drive change and innovation in the exhibition industry; – your reason(s) for choosing to work in the exhibition industry; – your motivation to participate in the NGL Grant; – reason why you should be chosen.
The Grant will be awarded to a maximum of five selected applicants. All applications will be judged by the NGL Grant Jury. This decision will be final. All entries submitted will be treated as confidential and will only be used for the selection process.
For more info, go to: http://www.ufi.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/NGL-grant-flyer.pdf